Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Snow!? In North Carolina!

Daffodils in the snow! This is a picture my daughter took on Monday of our daffodils still pushing up through the snow. It does snow in North Carolina every once in a blue moon! We had 3 inches of snow. School was closed on Monday and we had a 2 hour delay this morning due to black ice. School should be back on a normal schedule tomorrow. (No more sleeping in for daughter2). I used to think it was funny that everything would shut down whenever it snowed in North Carolina! But after living here for the last 15 years I now understand why! It is easier to just let it melt. It is supposed to get down to about 15 degrees F.(10C) tonight , but it is predicted to be 79F (25C) by Sunday! I think my poor flowers are very confused.

My college bound daughter arrived home safe and sound on Saturday by train, well before the snow came! This was her first time riding the train home. It seemed to work out quite well for her. I think she may use the train again when traveling to and from school. My husband and I are planning on driving her back to school on Sunday though, which happens to be her birthday!

With the help of my daughter1, I was able to decorate my blog just a bit. I was showing her what I would like to do, but just did not know how to go about doing it. My computer skills are not as advanced as I would like them to be. I am working on them. The more I use the computer the more comfortable I am becoming. (Slow but steady wins the race). After my daughter saw my blog, she decieded to start her own! I have added her to my "followers" list. She is not a quilter, but is doing her blog on how to be "Green". If you have a moment, go to her blog and check it out! If you visit don't forget to leave a comment. She will be very happy if you do!

Needless to say I have not done much quilting this week. I was out playing in the snow and taking pictures of course! I am also enjoying the time I have with my daughter, before she heads back to school on Sunday. I did get the 2" checkerboard onto the blue and yellow "Round Robin block". I will be going to a meeting tomorrow morning and be coming home with someone else's Round Robin block. That one will require me to do the 4" blocks all the way around. I can't wait to see what colors and fabrics this one will be made up of! I am currently working on a hand quilting project, which has nothing to do with my sewing bee. The quilt is called "Welcome Home". It has 9 different types of buildings on it, which include houses, a barn, a church, a school, and trees. It has a fence that goes all the way around the outer border. It is made up of mostly Thimbleberries fabrics. I am about 2/3 done. I hope to have it done before to much longer. Once summer gets here it will be too hot to work on lap quilting! Summer is when I like to work on piecing and machine quilting. Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment