Sunday, March 15, 2009

Brown Paper Grab Bag!

Hurray! I finally finished the top from a "Brown Paper Bag" Grab Bag exchange! When I first recieved the paper bag and took a look at the fabrics I had no idea what to do with them.
I went through a lot of books to try to find something to fit the small amount of fabric and the personality of it. I am not supposed to know whose fabric this is. I have a really good idea though!

Ooops! I goofed. Same picture. Oh well.


Here is what I recieved. Brown paper bag and all! The object of the exchange was to put some fabric in a brown paper bag and bring it to the bee meeting. Then mix the bags up. Grab a bag! Do Not Pick Your Own! No Peeking until you got home. Make something out of one or all fabrics. Do not add any fabrics! Only use what is in the bag! Make a pillow or table runner or table topper of some sort or a mini quilt. If you only had enough fabric to do the top that is O.K. If you have enough fabric to make a finished product then go for it. I have the top finished. If I have the time I will put a back on it and quilt it. I have to see how much fabric I have left first. I am very happy with how it came out!



4 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, this sounds like a really good idea, and the end result looks terrific! Hmmm I wonder if my Thursday night quilt group may like to do this as a challenge, cheers, Shiree

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job! The little quilt turned out really pretty! Needless to say I love such quilts! I just can't have enough of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a good job with the fabrics you ended up with. I always love star quilts. A fun project for a quilt guild.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful job! Sounds fun!!

    ReplyDelete