Monday, March 30, 2009

Getting Things Done

I am finally starting to catch up on some quilts I started. Here is a close-up of the quilting I put on this small quilt which I made for a table in the living room. I made it by using some charm square packets. This is only the second time I have tryed using prarie points around a border. The first time I did it was on the very first quilt I ever made! Being naive sometimes allows you to do things you would never dream of doing other wise! It has taken me over 25 years to try it again. This time I found it much easier though! ;o)
Here it is all finished. Simple but elegant. Charm squares and Prarie points! Horray! One down and how many to go???
This is a project that I am currently working on right now. It is called "Welcome Home". I am hand quilting this one. I've had the top done for a while. I just couldn't decide how I was going to quilt it. Sometimes I have to look at a quilt until it speaks to me, as to how it should be quilted. It is about 3/4 done! It's getting there one stitch at a time!


Here is the back of the little mini quilt, which is pictured below. I had just enough small pieces of fabric left after finishing the top of the grab bag project to make a scrappy sort of back. I did not have to finish the grab bag quilt. Only a top was required. I liked the idea of finishing it though! I know if it was me, I would prefer to recieve a finished project then one that is a work in progress! I have enough of those already! :#)



Ta Dah!! Here it is. All finished! I ended up hand quilting it. Some quilts lend themselves to machine quilting some to hand quilting. This one said please hand quilt me! :0)
Happy Quilting!!




4 comments:

  1. Your table cloth looks so good, Karen! You quilted it really good! And the "Welcome Home" is going to be so beautiful! You are right, one should listen to what a quilt says! If it says "I want to be hand quilted", there's no other way round! I love your little quilt! Your tiny stitches are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic show and share. I'm with you about prairie points...now that we are more skilled they seem to be much easier though I still don't do them often.
    I think the tablerunner is a pattern called, Seminole from Terri Atkinson..I have that pattern too but ironically made gifts and never kept one for myself.
    Also must mention how neat to see a white deer! We have a three legged one (unsure how she lost her leg)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I LOVE your "Welcome Home" quilt. Is that your pattern, or can I do one for me? Your sewing room/bedroom is much too beautiful to be a sewing room. I love your big sewing table. Perfect for quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, found you over at Quilt Hollow this morning. I am delighted at what I've found here at Quilts A Lot.

    ReplyDelete