Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Apron Made from Jeans

My daughter and I have been cleaning and sorting "Stuff" throughout the house. We are getting ready to have a garage sale. I began to think about how I was going to deal with the cash that is needed for a garage sale. Then I grabbed a pair of old jeans I had and made an apron from it. Sort of with the Home Depot or Lowes handy aprons for men in the back of my mind. ( the ones they use for tools)
I decieded I needed more pockets then just the two back pockets. I cut away the top of the jeans and inserted some fabric to add a deeper and wider pocket.

Here is my finished apron! I added some applique flowers with "Steam A Seam 2", put a binding around the raw edge of the cut jeans/ now apron and added some "apron stings" to tie around my waist and Wala! A handy dandy apron to keep the cash close to me. Now I won't have to worry about where the cash is, or that it would walk away with someone! :o)
Hey! I am also being "Green" and re-using something that was getting ready for the trash! Something old turned into something new again!!! :0)

6 comments:

  1. That is so cute! You are a genius! Now I know what to do with those jeans the dryer shrank!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea...lots of style, too;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! (all the way from CA) I saw this sort of thing at Apex's Plain and Simple Quilt shop about a year ago. Thanks for the reminder...it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That apron is so cute! Wait until my girls see that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice compliment. Love the apron! I am sure it will come in very handy.

    ReplyDelete