Here it is before I put the glaze on. This is a low calorie and low fat recipe!
Raspberry Coffee Cake
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 cup unsweetened raspberries (I have only used fresh but you can use frozen; if using frozen do not thaw)
1 Tbsp. sliced almonds
1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
1 tsp nonfat milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. Combine the egg, yogurt, butter, and vanilla; add this to your dry ingredients just until moistened.
3. Spoon two-thirds of the batter into an 8 inch round baking pan ( a pie or cake pan works great for this) coated with a non-stick cooking spray ( or crisco if you don't have spray).
4. Combine the brown sugar and the raspberries; sprinkle over batter.
5. Spoon the remaining batter over the top.. (It won't cover completely, which is OK).
6. Sprinkle with almonds.
7. Bake at 350 F for 35-40 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched and is golden brown.
8. Cool for 10 minutes before removing cake from the pan to a wire rack. ( I usually keep mine in the pan )
9. In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients.
10. Drizzle over the coffee cake.
11. Serve warm or at room temperature.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does! :0)