Friday, March 12, 2010

House warming gift

My husband and I have been invited to dinner this Sunday. Some friends of ours have recently moved into a new home and we are to be their first dinner guests. I wanted to bring something special with me as a house warming gift. I cut the fabrics out this morning for a table runner that I hope to have finished before we go. Because I'm short on time, I choose a simple pattern that can be done on the machine but still look good. My husband and I have been helping them paint and move in. Which was helpful for knowing what color choices to pick for the table runner. Best of all I went shopping for the fabric in my very own stash!!! I had everything I will need for this particular project! :0)

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I can't wait seeing that table runner. I'm sure it's gonna be gorgeous! ;>)

    XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
    NADINE

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice present. I am sure they will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking as an often relocated and new home owner, housewarming gifts are always appreciated. More so when they are home made. I am envious of your organized sewing room...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Karen they will love it! I hope you show us a picture when it's done. Don't you love 'shopping' for a new project in your own stash?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are just too good of a friend, first to help them with their new home and now a special, special gift that will be cherished...and you'll be thought of whenever the tablerunner is used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your friends are fortunate to have a helping hand while settling into their new home. The table runner will be a keepsake of this special time in their lives and the friends who celebrate with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful fabric. Is that Thimbleberries?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fabric Karen, I hope you share a photo of the finished topper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are thoughtful and so helpful. Look forward to seeing the runner.

    ReplyDelete